Thanks to the wonders of technology, Colorado Family Doula is always within reach. By offering virtual doula services, I’m able to support even more women and their partners during their pregnancy journey.
Perhaps, you live in the Denver area or surrounding communities but can’t make it to our location. Maybe you live clear across the country and are unable to find a local doula. No matter the reason, I believe that every woman should have access to the support, education and empowerment they need to realize their birth vision. That’s why I offer virtual doula services via phone, Skype and FaceTime.
As a virtual doula, my services are flexible and can be personalized to meet your needs. If you have questions after a doctor’s appointment or simply need a bit of encouragement, I offer half-hour and full hour consultations. For ongoing support, we can set up weekly appointments. And if you simply want guidance or an experienced professional to review your birth plan, I offer a special 1-hour session to go over all the details with you and your spouse or partner.
About Virtual Support
As your virtual doula, we can discuss any number of topics related to pregnancy and childbirth such as:
- Proper nutrition for you and baby, dealing with intense emotions during pregnancy (as well as relaxation methods) and making healthy decisions for your physical and mental well-being.
- All phases of childbirth, including what you and your partner can expect during labor, direction for breathing exercises, pain alleviation methods, as well as possible medical interventions.
- Visualizing your birth, creating intentions, developing your birth plan and ensuring it’s honored by your doctor and medical staff. If you’ve created a plan, I can review and provide suggestions.
- Your expectations for healing postpartum, creating your nest for rest, and meal preparation to make sure you receive the proper nutrition needed to keep up with a new baby.
- After baby comes home, we can process the birth experience together, and I can provide you with basic infant care information, along with breastfeeding support.
- I can also be available to attend the birth of your baby via Skype or FaceTime. I can provide you with encouragement, walk you and your spouse or partner through techniques for relaxation and focus, and simply be available to answer questions. Please contact me to learn more.